Anon the great

sucking upto someone totally unknown

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hello someone up there?

I have had weak moments when I prided myself as an atheist. They promptly stopped occurring after dasavatharam was released and I came to know kamal was one too. His illustration of butterfly effect by the movie blew my mind, literally. It took weeks to stop banging my head against dear old iit wall, and months for the impatient cleaners there, to clean the thick red stains.

Anyway the point is, I chose to be agnostic later. One of my friends was impressed by Richard Dawkins reason why he could not believe in God. He said ' If I say there is a tea pot in between Uranus and Neptune would you believe it. ' We had a discussion, not much of an argument, because we both agreed it was a nice explanation. At the end though I made a statement or a mere wonderment. 'Though we don't believe in something, unless the existence is proven, We may still talk of I probability of its existence. In that case I would say God's existence is bit more probably than the existence of the tea pot.'

End of story, I thought but this idiot posted it on a Atheist forum. Our rational brothers had a lot to say including 'Your friend's ignorance is excusable if he is wiling to learn'. Oh, I would love to learn from this guy. He would let me see the ultimate truth which is so sure he deduced. Or seen in some movie, who cares.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neeku sanmanam chesi, simhasanam ekkistham

9:05 AM  
Blogger Rahul said...

Incidentally, I am an agnostic person too. Did you see religulous?

10:49 PM  
Blogger Kanthi Kiran said...

is that a movie or what??

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home